To some people, the office water cooler is a prime place to blow off work and catch up on company gossip. However, there are many benefits to having a water cooler in your office. Not only does a water cooler provide a better drinking option than coffee or soda, but it also makes for healthier, more productive employees.
Benefits of Properly Hydrated Employees
Staying hydrated certainly has its health benefits, but what effect does proper hydration have on your company’s employees? Studies show that properly hydrated employees can result in an increase in the amount of work produced in a day and improve overall efficiency.
But how does it work? A well-hydrated employee experiences:
- Increased energy– Water increases the amount of blood flow and oxygen to the brain and other body parts, so your employees feel less fatigued throughout the day and stay focused on work. By drinking water, employees avoid the energy crash felt after drinking coffee or soda.
- Lower stress levels– Employees who drink at least eight glasses of water a day are proven to have lower stress levels, allowing them to focus on work rather than other stressful, non-work related events.
- Higher brain activity– Drinking the right amount of water increases brain activity and attentiveness. As a general rule of thumb, an employee should drink half their body weight in ounces of water per day. For example, a 180-pound employee should drink 90 ounces of water in order to be properly hydrated.
Effects of Dehydration on Employees
If your employees are dehydrated, the quality and quantity of their work may suffer. Dehydration causes employees to experience:
- Mood changes
- Mental fatigue
- Slower processing of information by the brain
Other Health Benefits of Drinking Water
Everyone knows water is essential, but not everyone realizes how beneficial water is to their overall health. Some health benefits of drinking water include:
- Balanced body fluids
- Better weight management
- Glowing, healthy looking skin
- Improved kidney and bowel function
Contact Water Boy, Inc. for Office Water Delivery
Wouldn’t you like to improve the effectiveness and productivity of your employees? Be sure to contact Water Boy, Inc. to schedule office water delivery service in Tampa and South/Central, Florida areas. Don’t forget to check out our special offers!